Pink Hexie Quilt

Wow! 
I can’t believe it’s been so long since I posted on this blog.  
I couldn’t even figure out how to upload pictures. 


Dave figured out how to upload my pictures from my phone so I’m back in business. 

This is what I am working on now - 1” hexies. 


I hand cut the papers I use from magazine subscription cards. 


This is what I want to make. 
It is a design I found on Pinterest from 2016 by Glynis from the Sydney Southern Cross Quilters Guild. 


I figure I need 500 plus pink hexies
I’ve done just over 370. 
Pink is the colour of the day! 
Okay - enough about me…

Let me introduce you to two pink and yellow moths - the Ruby Maple Moth or Dryocampa Rubiconda that I unexpectedly saw in my walk when I stopped to take a picture of the yellow flower.

Pink Clover and a Yellow Swallowtail Butterfly. 


And this wonderful flower. 


I’m going to keep this short and hopefully post more often. 
I actually have some blogs I started that I didn’t finish or post from 2023. 

Happy quilting 

Pam

Comments

  1. Enjoyed reading your post. Looking forward to having a peek at your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink hexi quilt will be gorgeous!! What a lot of work! Looking forward to seeing the finished project…. 2025?? MUCH later if you’ll be hand quilting.
    Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a smart and helpful husband. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Thank you for sharing your pink hexes and hopes for an eventual quilt. Your pink flowers and butterflies make me think you must be a great hiking companion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could the last flower be swamp milkweed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely. It is beside a wet spot by the road. I didn’t know what it was called. Thanks for identifying it.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely fantastic! What a talent you are! LMM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts