New knitting 🧶 project

Well, nothing has changed and I’ve started something new without first finishing anything. 

I just finished the book Death by Cashmere by Sally Goldenbaum. It is a knitting mystery set in a small fishing village in Massachusetts. I thoroughly enjoyed it and at the end it has a knitting pattern for Nell’s Sea-Silk Scarf made from Handmaiden Yarns Sea Silk. Well I was off … lost in the internet looking for the yarn, the pattern (as I didn’t understand the square brackets) and anything else. I stumbled on Sally’s website, watched her being interviewed and ultimately landed at Ravelry. 

I chose a different scarf pattern altogether. It is  published for free from Smoking Hot Needles it is called Three Sisters Scarves #2. 



I was going to pop in a picture of my work so far but it isn’t working at the moment. Anyway…. I started with four rows of garter stitch and then launched into the fourteen row pattern. Arghh. That took about an hour. There are supposed to be thirty repeats. 



Considering I’m not to keen on the colour so far we’ll have to see if I buy the correct wool which is available in Verona at Ewe Can Knit or continue as is.  

Happy knitting 🧶 


Comments

Popular Posts