Quilt Show!!! Yay!!!!



Sarasota Modern Quilt Guild
Outdoor Show
Venice, Florida
February 5 2022

Dave and I drove down to the quilt show. It was held outdoors in a park. 
Free parking and free entry - unheard of. 
There were so many quilts I can’t post them all at once.  I don’t have info on all the quilts. 
 I will post all the names of the quilts and quilters I can. 

Enjoy….

Tommy Fitzsimmons
Modern Quilter


Close up
Hand appliqué and
Hand quilted


Tommy Fitzsimmons 

Cherry Garcia












Rocky 
Tommy Fitzsimmons


Modern quilts are so creative - scrappy or with a controlled palette. 

 Stars and Stripes 
Lynn K. Purple

Chroma 
Lynn K. Purple
She is interested in the phenomenon of the chromostereoptic properties of colors. 


Linda Swanson 


Linda Swanson

 
Lisa B. Filion
I Like to Make Houses - The Wonkier  the Better
For Sale $350



Lisa B. Filion
Black and White        Bar Code Chaos 

Ode to Someone I Love.. It’s Not all Black & White

Margi Bolas

Sea Glass
Margi Bolas

Long arm appliquéd using silver metallic thread


I was lucky enough to meet Lois Stimax. We had a lovely chat about her quilts. She will often save small pieces and use them in her binding. 


Hexi Fun
Lois Stimax
Based on Science Fair by JayBird Quilts

Lois Stimax
Flowers Garden Picnic 
A modern memory quilt made from a tablecloth and her grandmother’s and mothers clothes 


Winter Chandelier 
Lois Stimax
For Sale $200


The Charley Harper Series
Original Designs
Lois Stimax




Spinning Flowers 
Lois Stimax


Bridget Pasternak
Baby Quilt for Violet
It is amazing what you can do with squares - 4 patch, 2 patch and square in a square.  Plus, I love the border. I’m sure Violet will too. 

Comments

Popular Posts