Mystery Quilt 2022 - Janet Clare



Finish?  Have I finished any?   
 Don’t be silly. 

I’ve started a new one though - 
Janet Clare’s 2022 Mystery Quilt. 

If you are interested in doing this you need to sign up for her newsletter.  It comes out sporadically but is always full of wonderful tidbits such as music to listen to, books to read and trips to take. Not to mention the PDF of her quilt pattern Abracadabra. 
Parts 1 and 2 
then
Parts 3 and 4.  
 


Part 2 - February 


Cutting on the kitchen counter.


How come the twirl only works occasionally?


Quarter square triangles under the needle.


More triangles….

I was going to do it in blues like Janet’s original 


but I was having trouble deciding on which colours to use. 



Then I saw all these beautiful teals and turquoises at Fabricland for $5 a metre. Sold!  


Part 1 is mostly put together but I’m playing around with the centre blocks and trying out something different. Perhaps this will be my downfall….  

Part 3 and 4 are started and cut out. 

 Update

Quiltfolk’s Patchwork and Prose Quilt aka the Book Quilt - well -  actually I haven’t done any sewing yet - but I have discovered a few great covers to work with. 

Have a look at the YouTube video - Quiltfolk Virtual Show-and-Tell: Episode 2 


Check these out…. definitely  doable..


and 


I’m imagining embroidery for the red wires and a broderie appliqué bird. 

What else am I working on you wonder?

A Cheri Basket quilt from the Facebook Group I follow Quilts by Cheri - Friendship Group. 
It is May (almost June) and people have made one small quilt a month plus a few extras as well. 

Me?

 None.  

I’ve  started a few and downloaded and printed all of them.  
Hmmm.  


It even has its own little red box. 


Hand sewing the basket handles. 

I’m off to the sewing/messy room. 
Have a great day!  

Please leave a comment and subscribe if you’d like. Looking forward to hearing from you.  



Comments

  1. Can’t wait to see Part 1 and 3 and 4. Good start.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts